Mr. Anand has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the global cannabis industry. He is a
public speaker and is regularly engaged with Canadian and International media on all subjects
related to the Cannabis industry. Mr. Anand holds a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) and
Management from Vancouver Island University. He is a recognized thought leader and brings 15
years of leadership experience in the health, charitable/non-profit, and private sectors both in
Canada and Europe.
Within the global cannabis sector, Mr. Anand has worked with senior government officials,
politicians, policy makers, health professional organizations, clinical practitioners, educators,
investor, patients as well as producers. He has also served on the boards of various
pharmaceutical associations across Canada, the United States and Europe. Currently, Mr. Anand serves on a variety of boards within the international cannabis space
which include not for profit, advocacy and patient driven organizations.
Prominent positions, Mr. Anand has previously held in the Cannabis industry include:
• C.E.O of Materia Ventures, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom and Malta.
• Independent Director – Board of Directors of The Valens Company (NASDAQ: VLNS),
• Vice President of Business Development and Government Relations at Deloitte, Canada.
• Vice President for Zenabis Global Inc. (A Health Canada License Holder), Canada and
• Adjunct Professor at Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU). At KPU, Mr. Anand wrote, and
taught Canada’s first and only Cannabis course titled ‘Cannabis Professional Series’ taught
via an online module. Canada.
• Executive Director for the Canadian National Medical Marijuana Association (CNMMA).
The CNMMA was the first and only industry association that factored in all facets of the
nascent Cannabis industry in Canada.